Monday, April 20, 2009

Dick Van Dyke

Diagnosis Murder makes me laugh. That may not always be its intention but still it makes me laugh. You see, I like Dick Van Dyke.

From his early appearances with Phil Silvers, huge success in his sitcom with Mary Tyler Moore and his many films, I have always liked him. I enjoy his humour, his acting and his charm.

I even forgive his Cockney accent in 'Mary Poppins'. A Dick Van Dyke accent is how the British describe an American attempting an English accent but not succeeding. Yet we love the film and we love his performance in it.

I post this picture of him as a small tribute. He is eighty four now but as handsome today as when he was a younger man. I'm sure many women must be thinking to themselves, "I wonder what it's like to kiss wrinkly, old Dick."

1 comment:

paul M. Peterson said...

I am sure many, many women have wondered that-LOL