Thursday, March 15, 2007

Sex Education Videos As They Used To Be

Sex education in schools is a perennial topic of controversy so it is good to see the wonderful people at You Tube joining in by giving so much exposure to this video.

It is from the marvelous Harry Enfield and was made back in the 1990s and parodies those patronising public information films that used to be made in in the old days.

I'm not old enough to remember them but I am old enough to remember the attitudes. I had a Catholic education and was taught by a priest. It was a bit like being given driving lessons by someone who couldn't drive but had read a book about it.

I can remember a priest during a sex education lesson saying he always knew there was a difference between boys and girls but he couldn't put his finger on it. Naturally, my class of randy fourteen year olds saw the double meaning and the priest was left wondering what the joke was.

No comments: